To get the best possible score, preparation is valuable for everyone, no matter how good your English may be.
ROAD TO IELTS Online preparation:
After your online registration is complete you get free access to a self study course provided by British Council to help candidates prepare for the IELTS test. The course includes listening tests, reading and writing exercises, and mock tests designed to develop your exam skills.
4. You can also order "Official IELTS Practice Materials"email@example.com. We will send the book soonest after we have received your payment. The book is sold elsewhere on the internet for a lower price for example on saxo.com. Please note there are other books on the market as well as on-line tutorials. It is not possible to come to the office to buy the book.from us, also if you have not registered for a test. You can order the material by transferring DKK 300,- into our bank account: 2191-3489 191 031 (Nordea). Make sure the payment is marked with your name and send an e-mail with your address to
Payment for practice material already sent to you cannot be refunded even if you cancel your test. We are not responsible for books going lost in the mail and as a result of an incomplete or changed address.
What are Official IELTS Practice Materials?
There are now two volumes of Official IELTS Practice Materials: Volume 1 (Updated in March 2009) and Volume 2 (July 2010). Both are equally useful and are sold separately - we will only send one of those. We now have Volume 1 in stock. Each Volume contains different practice materials. They will help you familiarise yourself with each of the tests. You can learn about how each of the tests is assessed and pick up some valuable tips.
The book contains:
- Practice tests for Listening, Speaking, Academic and General Training Reading and Writing
- Listening, Reading and Writing answer sheets
- Listening and Reading practice test answer keys and Listening recordings
- Sample candidate Writing and Speaking responses and examiners' comments
The CD (Vol 1) or DVD (Vol 2) contains:
- Listening test for you to practice
- Three examples of students taking the Speaking test
Read, speak and listen to English as much as you can. Practice speaking English with your friends. Use radio, television and the web to hear and read different English texts.
If you are not used to writing by hand, it could be a good idea to train that, too. For the Writing module you will need to write two texts, of approx. 20 and 40 minutes respectively. If you count words as you practice, you will also have an idea of how many words you write, so it will be easier for you to check that you reach the required minimum word count.
Preparatory courses are offered in Copenhagen by Studieskolen, www.studieskolen.dk or +45 33 18 79 00.
Courses start up to 6 times a year. Check the course overview on their website for more information.
You may also find further courses or on-line tutorials on the Internet. An example is www.ielts-preparation.org
Which version of IELTS is right for you?
Check with the organisations you wish to apply to before you book your test! There are two versions of IELTS to choose from: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training. Make sure you know which one you need before you book your test.
If you want to:
- study at university at undergraduate or postgraduate level; or
- join a professional organisation in an English-speaking country
You should probably take IELTS Academic.
If you want to:
- train or study at below-degree level
- work or undertake work-related training in an English-speaking country (N.B. medical professions usually excepted)
- emigrate to an English-speaking country
You should probably take IELTS General Training.
You can find out about the difference in the brochure Information for Candidates or from the test examples.
Every organisation sets its own entry requirements. In some cases both versions of IELTS may be accepted. If you are in doubt as to which version to take, you should contact the organisations directly in order to check their requirements. It is your responsibility to choose the right version.
IELTS ON FACEBOOK: "IELTS Official“
This is the official global IELTS Facebook page. Here, you can talk to people about to take the test or who have already done so. Feel free to ask any questions, as well as practise your English skills.