To register for IELTS, simply follow these steps:
3. Download and fill out the Application Form (PDF). You only need to send in pages 1-4, not i-iv.
Please make sure your home address is correct including any c/o if applicable, and that the name is on the door and/or mailbox. If not, you might not receive your test report form.
4. Make your payment. You can pay in two ways:
- The fee when paid from a Danish bank account is DKK 1.550 (Tórshavn DKK 1.900)
(From a non-Danish bank account, you must pay DKK 1.590)
Give the candidate name and test date with A or GT as reference.
- Our bank account is:
Nordea Bank, beneficiary: EDU Danmark – IELTS
Reg.no.: 2191 Account no.: 3489 191 031
Reference: Candidate name + test date + A for Academic or GT for General Training
For international bank transfers: IBAN-no.: DK7820003489191031, SWIFT: NDEADKKK
5. With you application form, enclose:
- One recent passport photo (without glasses, no smile, and no more than 6 months old), check further photo requirements on application form.
On the application form it says two photos - this no longer applies to Denmark.
- A photocopy of your valid passport (photo page only, with signature if any, no residence permits etc.). The passport should be valid on the test day and you need to bring it to the test.
- Proof of payment (bank transfer receipt / online banking transfer receipt / bank statement)
6. Check that you have signed on page 4. We don't need pages i-iv. Incomplete applications may delay your registration.
7. Send (no personal meetings) the completed documents by post to:
EDU Danmark- IELTS
Nikolaj Plads 26, 2.
1067 København K
For questions please see the FAQ or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Await a confirmation e-mail. We normally send these within 7 working days.
In the confirmation, you will find instructions and the address of the test venue including a map. You can find advice on how to prepare under How to prepare.
There is no fixed deadline as sometimes the tests fill up quickly and sometimes not. Please give a date of your second choice. We contact candidates who could not get their first choice as soon as a place becomes available for that day. If we occasionally cannot offer you a seat on the day(s) of your choice, and you do not wish to wait for the next test, you will receive a full refund. Refunds are only made to Danish bank accounts and we do not cover any bank fees.
Applications are handled in order of receipt of bank transfer and application forms.
Cancellation, date change or absenceThe full test fee may be charged if you cancel or postpone the test within five weeks of the test date. If we can find another candidate you can get a refund minus DKK 500,-. If you are absent on the test day your test fee is lost, unless you provide appropriate medical evidence (the original doctor's statement with reason for absence), within five days of the test date, to support the absence. We refer to page 4 of the application form.
If you cancel more than five weeks before the test, you will be entitled to a refund, less an administration fee of DKK 200. Refunds are only made to Danish bank accounts.
You can postpone your test once to a later date which is still available, free of charge, if you do it latest 5 weeks before the test date.
You can not get a refund for practice materials that we have already sent.
Speaking tests are often held on the same day, if this is not the case for practical reasons you will be notified beforehand. Candidates who live far away will be able to get their Speaking test on the same day, or another test date will be offered, they should therefore be available the whole afternoon of the test day.